GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Due to the possibility of reduced funding through the PA Department of Agriculture, which is unknown at press time, the Solanco Fair Association reserves the right to adjust the premiums that are listed in each department. Any changes will be listed on the fair website prior to the fair and will also be available at the fair office during registration.
1. All exhibitors agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the Southern Lancaster County Community Fair.
2. The fair management reserves the right to amend or add to these rules and regulations as its judgment may determine.
3. All exhibits are entered free unless otherwise specified under each department.
4. Reasonable care will be taken to protect all exhibits on display from all injury and damage but the fair is not, in any way, to be held responsible for accidents, loss of damage by water, fire, theft, or otherwise, whatever may be the cause or extent of the damage or loss.
5. Every exhibitor must get an entry number at the desk, at the front entrance of the office, before entering an exhibit in any department.
6. Exhibits may be entered Tuesday, September 17 starting at Noon. Entries close at 10 PM in all departments except in the livestock division.
7. Exhibits will be judged Wednesday, September 18, beginning at 9 AM. During the judging, exhibition buildings, except livestock arenas are closed except fair officials, judges, Pennsylvania Fair Fund Officials, and necessary attendants. No exhibitor or his agent shall communicate with the judge during this time of determining the awards except to answer questions proposed by the judges. Any exhibitor interfering with the judges while making awards shall forfeit any premium to which he would be entitled.
8. Premiums, as listed, may be given for meritorious exhibits. In cases where there is no competition, judges may give an award such as they deem the exhibit is worthy to receive. Same rule applies where there are fewer entries in any case than the number of premiums offered. The judges may, at their discretion, award a ribbon or rosette.
9. The fair reserves the right to determine how many entries they accept from an exhibitor in the same class, or, in the case of livestock, the same breed. An exhibitor shall not receive more than one premium, in any particular class, or subdivision of a class.
10. THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL CLASSES. Any person wishing to protest the decision of the judges must deposit $5.00 with the secretary of the fair before any protest will be entertained. Such protest must be made in writing within twelve hours after the awards are made.
11. It shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor to make known the proper name of the article or breed of livestock he is entering. Any item entered improperly will be disqualified to receive a prize, but the judges will mark the correct name on the entry tag for the benefit of the owner so the same mistake in entering need not be made the second time.
12. All entries must be locally grown, produced, or made since the last fair.
13. Superintendents of departments reserve the right of refusing to accept any entry. Furthermore, the superintendents reserve the right to bar from competition any exhibit of decidedly inferior quality and those not possessing sufficient merit to warrant recognition.
14. The Fair Management may, at any time, order the removal of an exhibit or part of an exhibit in bad condition and any article unfit to show may be excluded. Food products cannot be polluted with any substance or chemical that causes them to become poisonous and unfit to be used as food.
15. An exhibit on display cannot be removed before Friday evening, September 20, 2013 at 10 PM.
16. All exhibits not called for by Saturday, September 21, 2013 by 8 AM will become property of the Fair unless otherwise arranged.
17. All refreshments and novelty rights are reserved for the organization chosen by the Fair Association and one half of the net proceeds will go to the Fair Treasury.
18. No concessionaires or gambling will be permitted at the exhibition of the Southern Lancaster County Community fair. No person, firm or corporation, shall sell, solicit sales of, offer for sale, or otherwise dispose of stock securities of any corporation, concern or organization of any name or character, during the exhibition.
19. No Premium checks will be mailed. They should be picked up by 10 PM Friday at the fair office.
20. The fair office paging system is intended for fair announcements only, not for family member paging. Please be responsible for all your family members. Any lost children should be directed to the fair office and can be found at the fair office.
21. Any violation of these rules or Department regulations will disqualify the exhibitor.